Even if men refuse to accept the fact, there’s no doubt men are just as appearance-conscious as women. How else would you explain their constant glances at the mirrors they walk past and that small comb they hide in their pocket? However, not everything can be fixed with your bare hands and a few drops of water. Sometimes, you need to use cover up makeup.
You’re probably worried about what people will think once they discover that you’re using cover up makeup for men. However, follow each step in this cover up makeup for men guide, and no one has to know the secret of your perfect, flawless face.
For Blemishes and Pimples
If you suffer from ongoing acne, pimples can be a downer to your self esteem. Here’s how cover up makeup for men can hide them while they heal:
• Find foundation that actually matches your skin color and skin type. Your better half or a salesperson at the makeup store can help you find the right foundation shade. However, if you want to avoid this annoying task, you can easily get an airbrush kit from companies such as Dinair by just sending in your picture. Airbrush foundation suits all skin types and colors, and the company will select the perfect color(s) for your skin tone. Best of all, airbrush foundation is a great cover up makeup for men product because it looks 100% natural.
• Barely cover a q-tip with foundation and dab it onto your blemish.
• Spread the foundation all over the blemish and wait for it to dry.
• Repeat steps 2 and 3 if necessary.
Tattoos look great, but not at the office or during a family reunion. Thankfully, cover up makeup for men comes to the rescue. Just follow these simple steps:
• Clean the area with rubbing alcohol so you have a smooth canvas.
• Apply concealer onto your tattoo. However, make sure you keep it light and then build coverage over it.
• Once your tattoo is semi-concealed, use foundation to blend the camouflaged area with the rest of your skin.
There are special camouflage makeup kits you can use, but any foundation and concealer you use as cover up makeup for men will be sufficient.
For Discolored Skin
If you have a bruise you want to hide or a discolored patch which worries you, here’s a cover up makeup for men technique you can use to look your usual handsome self again:
• Apply colored concealer to cover the discolored skin. Use green concealer for red bruises, yellow for purple or bluish skin and purple concealer for yellowish and brown bruises. Pat the concealer and blend it with the surrounding skin.
• Apply concealer over your whole face to balance out the colored concealer.
• Finally, apply foundation over your face to complete your cover up makeup for men routine.
These are just three scenarios where you’ll need cover up makeup for men. Always make sure to use the right cover up makeup for men products so this can be your little secret.